This article was published on December 10, 2021, and all the information in the article is correct as of this time. Before you book your trip, we highly recommend that you also check official sources for the most up-to-date travel requirements, as they are subject to constant change.
Can I enter Hungary?
At present, Hungary is open to all countries of the world. Moreover, all COVID-19 travel restrictions have been removed. As of May 2022, all travelers can enter Hungary under usual conditions, as it was before the COVID-19 outbreak.
Can I enter Hungary if I am vaccinated?
You can enter Hungary if you are vaccinated. However, as of May 2022, vaccination proof is no longer required. Nine vaccines are approved in Hungary (in case COVID-19 measures are imposed again):
- Sputnik V
- Janssen / Johnson and Johnson
- Oxford / AstraZeneca
- Sinopharm / Beijing
Can I enter Hungary if I am unvaccinated?
You can enter Hungary if you are unvaccinated. In addition, no COVID-19 tests or other documents are required currently.
Can I leave Hungary?
Can I leave Hungary if I am vaccinated?
You can leave Hungary if you are vaccinated.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
Vaccinated travelers must have one of the following documents to leave Hungary:
- The EU digital COVID certificate (to travel within the EU)
- Another document confirming vaccination (to travel outside the EU)
In addition, please take your time to consider the requirements concerning COVID-19 tests for vaccinated travelers to your destination country in advance.
Can I leave Hungary if I am unvaccinated?
Unvaccinated travelers can leave Hungary.
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
If you are unvaccinated, please present one of the following documents:
- A certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (no more than 180 days old before the day of crossing the border of a particular country)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and kind of test may vary, please check the requirements of the destination country)
COVID-19 situation in Hungary currently
As of December 2021, the COVID-19 situation in Hungary has become much safer compared to the previous months. Around 60% of the population has been fully vaccinated in Hungary.
Is it safe to travel to Hungary right now?
- Presently, your international travel to Hungary will be safe provided you follow the main COVID-19 requirements such as wearing a mask and maintaining social distance.
Is Budapest open for travel?
- Budapest is open for travelers now.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Hungary?
- As of May 2022, all travelers are exempt from quarantine in Hungary.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Hungary?
- Presently, health passes are not required when going to Hungary due to canceling of all COVID-19 measures.
Read more on this story
Train routes in Europe reopen with new rules and routes
Bali and Riau Islands now accepting tourists from 19 countries