Bursar of Masaryk University announces a job offer by the Centre of International Cooperation (CZS) for the position Masaryk winter school’s assistant (Agreement to complete a job)
Do you like traveling and meeting new people? Would you like to improve your English and intercultural skills? Would you like to prepare for your own study abroad experience by assisting the students arriving to Brno? If so, apply to be a Winter School Assistant!
The Centre for International Cooperation manages over 20 different winter and summer schools – two in January (summer for our Aussie and Kiwi friends!) and the rest May-July. Assistants coordinate social and cultural activities in Brno, and travel with the schools to Prague, Budapest, and Vienna, – in the summer trips will also go to Krakow, Telč, Plzeň, České Budějovice and other places in the Czech Republic (additional cities for select programs).
In additional to the fun travel opportunities, assistants also provide emergency assistance to students (mostly translation services), help in the program preparation, organize and plan activities in Brno, and assist in other activities as needed.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- organizing social and cultural activities for students (in afternoons and evenings) in Brno and on weekend excursions
- representing the university on excursions and leading the group of students
- providing translation support at governmental offices, doctors, etc. as needed
- other support as needed
What’s our idea of a suitable candidate?
- availability 7 – 29 January 2023 with possible extension for our summer term (May – July 2023) – flexibility around exam schedule is possible
- organizational skills
- knowledge of Brno
- knowledge of the MU study environment is an advantage
- English: proficient and comfortable speaking in English for extended periods
- Czech: native or C1 level
What do we offer?
- work in a fun office – you will meet international students from around the world (last year we had over 25 countries represented)
- travel to foreign cities, and show off the city where you live
- flexible working hours
Starting date: January 2023
Written proposals including a personal CV and a cover letter (both in English) are to be sent to the MU Personnel Management Office, Žerotínovo nám. 9, 601 77 Brno, in the form of an e-application (see above) until the deadline of 4 December 2022.
Candidates will be invited for interview in early December.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Summer School Manager, Erin Anna Smith, at [email protected]
In justified cases, the call for the position may be extended, suspended, or cancelled.